Monday, September 8, 2008

Idabel Carnival Caper

McCurtain Gazette (8/3/08)- Officers Solve Two Carneys' Crack Caper
Idabel police and the sheriff's department with assistance from the Oklahoma Highway patrol conducted an undercover sting operation Tuesday night. After receiving information that two traveling carnival workers were searching for drugs, officers set up a buy. An undercover sheriff's investigator met one of the men at a local motel. The 39-year-old Memphis, Tenn., man said he wanted to buy $85 in crack cocaine. After the undercover officer sold the man the drugs, he and his roommate were arrested. The roommate, a 44-year-old man, was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

I'm wondering....how many people read this story and thought "Oh my..people like that could be running the rides my kids get on, or cooking the food my kids eat out there, or running the games my kids play"...and then like a bunch of goober heads went and took their kids anyway.
All pictures taken by and property of GOOBER HEADS~R~US

1 comment:

Laura said...

As a kid in the '70s, I enjoyed listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival blasting from speakers as I waited to go on the Tilt-a-Whirl with my friends at the visiting carnival in the park. I now understand that the workers were seedy and pot heads. I think it's a requirement to work for a traveling carnival, isn't it? Back then going to the carnival was just a rite of passage every summer. We loved it--even with the workers with glazed eyes. I don't think our parents knew...

I like your blog.